Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow Day!!!

School was canceled yesterday. Yay!

But the kids were too sick to go outside and play. Bummer :-(
One is getting molars, one has a cough, and one has a runny nose. And all were cranky and tired. So in trying to cheer them up a bit we did a little craft.

Here's what we did:


These wreaths are all over the internet and they are so simple.

Here are the things you'll need:

Ball Ornaments-Large and Small
(I used the shatterproof ones since the kids were doing the project)
Wire hanger
Coordinating Ribbon (not pictured)

Now take this and...

...do this to it.
(I used my oven mitts to protect my fingers from the hard wire)

Undo the wire wrap at the top of the hanger.
Place some duct tape near the hook so that they don't slide off as you work your way around.
Start threading the ornaments on the hanger filling in gaps as you go with the small ones.

I let the kids pick the order in which the ornaments were put on and I think they did a wonderful job! To let me know what you think, leave a comment or become a follower.

No comments: