Monday, January 3, 2011

Cute Hair Accessories

As many of you already know, and the rest of you are finding out, I love to save money. I love making things for cheaper than I saw them in the store or online.  

Here is an example:

Flower Hair Accessory

Here's what I made:
 and this:
and this:

I came across this post by Beckie over at Infarrantly Creative and thought to myself, "Hey, I can do that!" But I think I may have done it cheaper than she did...

My grand total for all of it was $1.75 ($1.50 for the ugly top from Salvation Army that I took apart for the pretty sequins and $.25 for the felt to sew the sequins to.) I had these on hand: the headband, pony tail, and barrette. Also, needle and thread and some black beads for the centers. If I really did some math it would be cheaper than that because I only used a couple of small squares from the felt and have tons of sequins left to do more fun things with.

I think they turned out pretty cute and the girls loved them too.

No comments: