Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting rid of annoying friends!

I had a few extra minutes to myself yesterday and so... I got rid of two of my most annoying friends. Tom and Bert. They visit me every so often and I CAN'T STAND THEM. Whenever they're around I feel so crappy. They put me down, and tease me all-of-the-time.

You're probably thinking, WOW this chic has issues. Just getting rid of friends because they're annoying her. What is her deal!

Let me introduce you to these friends and let you be the judge. 

Tom aka Tom Selleck as in: The mustache on my upper lip. It makes teenage boys jealous that they can't grow theirs as well as I can. No matter how many times I wax the dang thing, it just won't stop coming back.

And Bert... you know-from Sesame Street: My unibrow. The never ending unibrow. Sometimes I can't tell where my hair line ends and where my eyebrow begins. It just keeps going and going and going. 

I never used to have these problems. My eyebrows were always well groomed. And as for Tom... well, he NEVER showed up in the mirror unexpected. 

Then I had kids. And my priorities changed. I no longer have a beauty routine. (I sometimes get excited when I have 5 minutes to shower.) It's not that I don't want to have a beauty routine, there's just not enough hours in the day. By the time I do have some quality time for myself I'm so exhausted from the day I pass out. I would rather have happy kids than make myself "b-e-a-utiful" at this point in time. I know, I know-I've heard it before "you need to take care of yourself before you can take care of others". You know what? That little piece of advice is probably the hardest one to achieve when you're mom.

So here's to those couple of extra minutes I had yesterday. Because of them, my husband is not scared to kiss me again. ;-) Cheers!

(I don't want to even think about the Sasquatch I'd be if I didn't already have laser hair removal done on my legs-thank the Lord!)

No comments: