Thursday, January 27, 2011

Holy Crow!!!

We had a little scare last night.

I made shrimp pasta for dinner and I probably won't be making it again any time soon. It tasted great and the kids gobbled it down. So why won't I be making it again, you ask? 

Well, Josh hiccuped at the same time he put a piece of shrimp in his mouth. You can probably guess what happened next. That's right, that little sucker slid right down his throat. No, he did not choke, surprisingly.

A couple of minutes later he started having pains in his chest. So me being the S.A. that I am, asked if he needed a drink to wash the shrimp down. (The way he was describing it made me think of when you have a PB & J with no milk-you know, how it gets stuck in your throat.) Well, the drink didn't work.

So after about 5 minutes of his complaining about the pain I started to worry. Oh crap, could this be a heart attack? He's only 29! I started to google chest pains. And it brought up everything: heart attack, angina, pulmonary embolism...etc. So by this time I'm even more worried. I finally talked him into going to the Urgent Care. (I don't think he wanted to go because he was just there last friday night. More on that tomorrow.)

He was given an EKG and a chest x-ray. Both came back fine. Turns out the shrimp more than likely was stuck down where the esophagus meets the stomach, then when he coughed it moved down farther. The doctor believes that he has soft tissue bruising and acid reflux because of all this. So he was given a pain killer and an antacid to help. Poor guy. Feel better honey ;-x

If you've been reading along since the beginning you may be wondering who is this Josh person? Aside from my sister, Sara, I haven't referred to any of my family member's by name yet. Well, Josh is my husband and best friend. When I first started blogging it kind of creeped me out to think about all the millions of people this info would be available to. Now that I've seen how few actually find my blog it doesn't freak me out quite so much. Still unsure if I want to include the kids or not.

ps. Don't forget to become a follower ;-)
Either through Google Friend Connect or Feedburner up there on the left.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This definitely makes perfect sense to me..

Anonymous said...

Your truly correct with this piece..

Anonymous said...

I agree completely!!!

Anonymous said...

Some instructive blog post...

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness some bloggers can still write. My thanks for this article.

Anonymous said...

What a really great writing..

Anonymous said...

You're exactly correct with this one!!

Anonymous said...

Your quite correct on this one!