Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh, to be young again.

I would like to share a little story about my daughter, M.

She is in Kindergarten and very outgoing. For Christmas she received a doll named Jenny from Santa. Since the day she got her she has been telling me that she is taking Jenny with her to college. I have no idea where this came from. (I'm thinking she got this idea because the neighbor girl who babysits for us is away at college now.)

I'm all for it. "Go ahead M, take your doll to college with you. Maybe it will keep the boys away a couple more years." Probably not. It's just wishful thinking from a mom of 3 very cute little girls.

Anyway... 

She was telling her daddy and aunt that Jenny is going with her to college. Daddy asked M what she wanted to be when she went to college; a doctor, a dentist, a lawyer? With a serious look she said, "I want to be a princess because they get to live in a castle and don't do anything."

Cosby had it right. Kids really do say the darndest things.

PS. Don't forget to become a follower or sign up for emails. (Emails are sent only on days a new post is published.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

My kids say some of the funniest things ever! The things they say to each other are especially hilarious to me :)