Saturday, December 18, 2010

Handmade Holiday Lotion

I love making beauty treatments that are natural, it makes me feel like I'm doing something good for the environment and myself. Do you remember the Holiday Hand Scrub? Well, this lotion goes great with it. They both use very minimal ingredients.


Ingredients/Items Needed:
1/2 c. Water
1/4 tsp. Borax powder
1 c. Olive Oil
4 TBS. Grated Beeswax
2-3 Drops essential oil (I used lavender and peppermint for this so I only used 2 drops)
Blender
Microwave
Heat Proof Bowls
Clean Containers

Bring the water to a boil. Place the borax in a heat proof bowl, carefully mix in the boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.

Place the oil and beeswax in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 3-4 minutes on high, stirring often after 2 minutes, until beeswax is melted.


Pour oil mixture into blender and blend on low speed, slowing add the water mixture. Once everything is in the blender switch to high speed until everything is mixed well (creamy white lotion).


Pour into a clean container. Let cool.

To use: Massage into skin. Use after the Holiday Hand Scrub.

No comments: