Friday, December 10, 2010

So Simple a Kindergartner Can Do It.


This is my first tutorial so please have patience. Feel free to email me any questions you may have.


Santa's Wish List


Supplies needed:
Paper
Spool (I used 1 1/2" x 2 1/8"-pack of 6 from Joann's-and they're on sale this week)
Paints in holiday colors
Coordinating ribbon
Glue dots
Pen
And if you do let the Kindergartner participate you'll also need a computer with scanner

Inspiration for this project came from Family Fun Magazine

Step 1:
Prime and paint the spool. 
(I just used white acrylic paint to prime it.)

You don't need to paint any farther than I did-your list will cover that part up.

Step 2:
Have your kids write out their lists... If they still write rather large like shown above then scan into computer and shrink down to 1.6" x 5.25". Put a thin boarder around it so that you can cut it out easier. I enlisted my computer savvy Hubs to do this step for me-Thanks Honey ;-)

This is what it should look like after scanning and cutting it out.

Step 3:
Flip the list over and put 2 glue dots on the top of the paper.

Step 4:
Stick the top of the list down onto the spool as shown.

Step 5:
Using 2 more glue dots... stick them to the spool near the list.

Step 6:
Wrap the list around and secure to the glue dots.

Step 7:
Thread your ribbon through and hang on the tree. Bring back memories of when your child was oh so small for the many years to come. 

No comments: