Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holiday Hand Scrub

For your well deserved pampering or a last minute gift. This hand scrub is wonderful to keep near your kitchen sink to be used after you have finished scrubbing your pots and pans. As I've said before, I have three little ones, so between the snotty noses and diaper changes I'm constantly washing my hands and in the winter that can be harsh on the skin. 


Here's what you'll need.
1/2 c Sugar
1/2 c Epsom Salt
3 TBS Almond Oil or 3 TBS Olive Oil
3-5 drops essential oil (I used peppermint this time for a more festive scent but normally I like lemon)


You'll also need a jar to store the scrub in. So go raid your stash of recycled jars... What do you mean you don't have a stash of recycled jars... OK. "Hi. My name is Hope, and I have a problem-I hoard cute glass jars to be used for my homemade lotions and potions." I'm not kidding. I have about 25-30 baby food jars in a box in my basement. Can you guess what everyone is getting for Christmas?



Mix the above ingredients in a bowl and scoop into the jar. Recipe yields 1 cup of scrub. 

To use: Moisten hands with warm water. Using about 1 TBS of scrub gently scrub away the dead skin. Rinse well with warm water and follow with your favorite hand cream. Works great on feet as well! 

(don't use it in the shower the oil will create a slip-n-slide)


1 comment:

Melissa Glanton said...

Love these tips and ideas Hope. Keep 'em coming!