Monday, December 6, 2010

What are these for?

Free entertainment center from a friend who is moving soon and a
5 dollar faucet I found at the Habitat For Humanity ReStore. (You should have seen the faucet before soaking in Coca-Cola for a couple hours-Yuck!)

What is going to become of these diamonds in the rough? Check back later to find out. 

Until then here is a little hint:
These crocheted eggs will be used with them. You can find the pattern for the eggs in this book Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet  I found it at the library but you can order it on amazon too.

ps. I'm sorry for the picture quality. They were taken with cameras on cell phones. Now that I've started blogging I will try much harder to remember to take a "real" picture.


"Cheap Trick of the Day"

Go raid your linen closet, bathroom, or where ever you store your sunscreen. Chances are you'll have some that's expired. Go ahead, I'll wait....Did you find some? Ok, now your ready for the "Cheap Trick".

Use it to shave your legs.  Yes, you read that right...shave your legs. Normally I use hair conditioner from our local wearhouse club but recently I ran out before I could restock. So I gave the sunscreen trick a try and I think I like it better. It left my legs silky smooth. And the moisture it provided was incredible. Make sure you use the lotion kind NOT the oil kind or you'll be sliding all over your shower. Nobody wants a broken hip for the holidays.

No comments: